Articles, Presentations, and Bar Leadership Positions
- The following are articles written by Attorney Kallen:
- The following is a handout Attorney Kallen uses during a presentation she gives to law firms and groups of lawyers: Winning Your First (Or Next) Summary Judgment
- The following is a fact sheet Attorney Kallen drafted to assist people who will be testifying at a deposition: Preparing to Testify at a Deposition
- The following is an index of insurance coverage issues that Attorney Kallen has researched: Index of Insurance Coverage Issues
- The following is an index of legal topics (except for insurance issues) that Attorney Kallen has researched: Index of General Research Issues
The following are recent presentations given by Attorney Kallen:
Liability Insurance and Good Faith Claims Handling: What Every Massachusetts Attorney Should Know
- Joint program of the Insurance Library and the Social Law Library, September 28, 2022.
You can view the webinar here.
Issues in Condominium Insurance (panel discussion)
- The Boston Bar Association, February 17, 2022. You can view the panel discussion here.
Reference Proceedings: What Attorneys Need to Know about Handling First-Party Property Insurance Claims (panel discussion)
- The Boston Bar Association, April 5, 2021. You can view the panel discussion here.
Massachusetts Claims Adjustment: The Good Faith, the Bad Faith, and the Ugly
- The Insurance Library, December 17, 2020
The Resilient Lawyer: Collaboration and Ethics (panel discussion)
- The Massachusetts Bar Association, December 15, 2020
Insurance Issues for New Insurance Defense Associates (panel discussion):
- The Boston Bar Association, October 7, 2020
You can view the panel discussion here: https://bostonbar.org/edu/CLEProduct?ID=36487
Insurance Issues for New Personal Injury Attorneys (panel discussion):
- The Boston Bar Association, May 6, 2020
You can view the panel discussion here: https://vimeo.com/415917162
What to Do When You’ve Made a Mistake, or a Client Thinks You Have: Malpractice Actions, BBO Complaints, and Professional Liability Insurance (panel discussion):
- The Business Lawyers Network, February 4, 2020
Your Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance And What Happens If You Get Sued (with John L. Torvi of Landy Insurance):
- The Social Law Library, March 22, 2017
- The Business Lawyers Network, September 12, 2017
“Of Counsel” Relationships in Small Firms: How to Do it Right (panel discussion):
- The Boston Bar Association, October 27, 2017
The following are bar leadership positions currently held by Attorney Kallen:
- Boston Bar Association, co-chair of the Insurance and Reinsurance Subcommittee, September 2019 – September 2022.
- Business Lawyers Network, Steering Committee member.